This page is intended as a resource for remaining up to date on discussions and research pertaining to our mission of advancing women leaders.
It also provides links to the annual census reports developed by The Boston Club in partnership with Bentley College and Mercer and by the InterOrganization Network (ION), the federation of 14 regional executive women’s organizations, including The Boston Club.
- Women's Leadership Development
Mercer survey shows most employers lack a strategy for developing women leaders. Despite organizations’ efforts to achieve a diverse workforce, the majority – 71% – do not have a clearly defined strategy or philosophy for the development of women into leadership roles. Conducted in December 2010, the survey received responses from more than 1,800 human resource, talent management and diversity leaders worldwide about their leadership development practices for women.
Defend Your Research: What Makes a Team Smarter? More Women
The finding: There’s little correlation between a group’s collective intelligence and the IQs of its individual members. But if a group includes more women, its collective intelligence rises.
New Insights on Global Leadership Development
Global leadership is generally just thought of as the highest level of each competency. “The research we’ve conducted with Mercer shows is that this is a flawed approach. Global leadership is not the next level of leadership but a slightly different animal all together,” said Jay Conger. “In the model that we’ve outlined, there are some new competencies that are not typically part of a leadership model and some other competencies that are similar but have a different meaning than how you might be using them.”
- Game Changers: Women Empowering Women For Synergistic Success
Article Niche, February 28.2011
- The Babson Center for Women’s Leadership offers programming and develops research dedicated to advancing the entrepreneurial leadership of women across organizations worldwide.
- Catalyst is a leading advocacy and research organization that works with businesses and the professions to build inclusive environments and expand opportunities for women at work.
- National Association of Women Executives provides education, networking and public advocacy in support of the advancement of women in business.
- Gender diversity on U.S. boards coming anytime soon?
Fortune Management, CNNMoney.com, January 25, 2011
- The Importance of Board Composition and Diversity in Investment Decisions
Commonwealth Business Review (pp. 8-9), November/December 2010
- Campaign targets female board representation
Inside Investor Relations, December 13, 2010
- State's executives still mostly men
The Boston Globe, November 26, 2010
- The InterOrganizationNetwork (ION), is the network of 14 regional organizations (including TBC) that advocates for the advancement of women to positions of power in the business world, especially to boards of directors and executive suites.
The Boston Club’s Census of Women Directors and Chief Executives of Massachusetts' Largest Nonprofit Organizations
2013: A Benchmark Report
The Boston Club’s Census of Women Directors and Executive Officers of Massachusetts Public Companies
2014: No More Excuses
- 2013: Targets of Opportunity (Key Findings)
- 2012: Unfinished Business (10th Anniversary Issue)
- 2011: What If...
- 2010: Making A Difference
- 2009: Building the Future or Stuck in the Past?
- 2008: Succession Planning and Diversity: A Winning Combination in Troubled Times
- 2007: Leading By Example
- 2006: Missed Opportunities
- 2005: Stuck in Neutral
- 2004: Strategic Assets
- 2003: Strategic Assets
ION’s Status Report on Women Directors and Executive Officers in Multiple Regions of the United States
- 2013: Executive Summary: Tenth Annual Status Report
- 2010: Guys Who Get It
- 2009: Planning for Tomorrow's Boardroom: Making Room for More Women – 12 Regions
- 2008: It’s Time to Take Charge – 10 Regions
- 2007: Women on Boards: Missed Opportunities – 10 Regions
- 2006: Time for a Charge - 7 Regions
Keynote speeches made at The Boston Club events. Informative, useful and groundbreaking.